Be Better Prepared to Survive | Family Safety | Family Security | Family Survival | Disaster Survival | Enhancing Your Ability to Survive | Preparation is Your Key to Survival | Safety, Security and Survival Planning | Safety | Survival | Planning | Emergency Crisis Plans |

Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide is odorless, colorless, and tasteless, a real silent killer. Survival and Safety are big issues. The big problem, is that you can be accidentally poisoned, you may not know it until it is too late, possibly while you sleep.

Carbon Monoxide, results from furnace combustion, and is Winter’s Silent Killer. Carbon monoxide is produced when a fuel such as gas, oil, kerosene, or wood is burned. When the flue gas leaks into your residence, you can be accidentally poisoned, you may not know it until it is too late, possibly while you sleep.

A poor burn or improper ventilation will build up a high concentration in the home.

Carbon Monoxide in high enough concentrations, starves the oxygen from bodily tissues, which could lead to seizure, coma, and fatality.

Preliminary symptoms are flu-like and include headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, fatigue, and weakness.

It is said that about 500 people die each year in the US from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning while thousands require emergency treatment. The Key to Safety and Survival, is be prepared, get yourself a Carbon Monoxide Detector.

Digg This
Reddit This
Stumble Now!
Buzz This
Vote on DZone
Share on Facebook
Bookmark this on Delicious
Kick It on DotNetKicks.com
Shout it
Share on LinkedIn
Bookmark this on Technorati
Post on Twitter
Google Buzz (aka. Google Reader)

Leave a Reply